Note: All purchases made with Crypto are final
Are you looking to participate in The People’s Network by providing proof of coverage (PoC), packet forwarding (data transfer), witnessing, beaconings and issuing challenges to earn on the Helium Network? Look no further; this outdoor Helium Network Hotspot by Nebra is a plug and play gateway, and will have you up & running in no time. This hotspot can be installed outdoors and powered by either PoE (Power of Ethernet) or 9-16V DC power supply. You also have the following options for network connectivity: Ethernet, WiFi or a 4G Module (We Recommend Quectel EG25-G). This outdoor unit will open you up to a plethora of opportunities such as: the ability to mount your hotspot on the side of buildings, houses or install on your roof! This is an ideal situation to provide wider coverage applications across villages, towns and cities.
Outdoor Nebra Highlights:
- Plug & Play - Enjoy an easy plug & play set up using the Nebra Dashboard
- Quick Set Up - Complete set up within minutes using any smartphone device
- Ecological – Outdoor hotspots require a low power supply, similar to a broadband router (15W)
- Easy Management – Keep up to date with your usage, earnings and activity from the mobile app or online dashboard
This Outdoor HNT Hotspot comes in three different frequency variants:
- 915 MHz (US915, CA915, AU915, KR920, AS923-1/2/3) - this is suitable for the USA, Australia, New Zealand etc.
- 470 MHz (CN470) - this is suitable for China.
- 868 MHz (EU868, IN865, RU864) - this is suitable for EU, India, Russia etc
This listing is for US915/CA915. If you are unsure which frequency you need to order you can take a look at our "What Helium Region" tool created by engineer Ryan W.
This Kit Comes With:
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3+ 32GB EMMC Flash Storage.
- Helium based firmware flashed onto system (No need to buy a separate SD card)
- LoRa Concentrator Module.
- 3dBi Fiberglass Antenna.
- External WiFi Antenna
- IP67 Case suited for outdoors use w/ bracket & accessories. (See below)
- N-Type Female Port
- Ethernet Port
- Nebra ECC Key for securely storing your swarm key.
- Hotspot $40 on boarding (Helium Network Fees)
- First $10 location assert (Helium Network Fees)
IP67 Case Kit Come With:
- RJ45 Ethernet connector system
- (4) Self-adhesive standoffs
- Rubber Gasket
- (4) N-Type chrome-plated brass plugs
- Z-Type mounting brackets
- Metal back plate
- Back plate screws (M3x6mm)
- M20 Ethernet pass-through gland
- M20 standard pass-through gland
- M10 standard pass-through gland
- (10) Blanking plugs in various sizes
- Aluminum angle brackets
What are the benefits of an IP67 Rated Case?
IP67 represents one of the highest levels of protection offered by an IP rating! This means your Outdoor Nebra Hotspot will be secured inside of a case that offers complete protection against ingress of dust and airborne particles; along with protection against water, which is great if you live in an area that sees a lot of rain or snow!
Indoor or Outdoor Nebra Hotspot, What is the difference?
Great question, the answer to this is both simple and complex… to answer this question simply: one hotspot is set up indoors while the other is set up outside. But can’t I just put my indoor Nebra in an outdoor enclosure and turn it into an outdoor unit? Yes, and for those that like to DIY, that’s perfectly fine, but overall size will be much larger and some customization may be required to retrofit your indoor hotspot.
Outdoor Nebra Hotspots also have an optional 4G slot for a 4G cellular modem, which indoor units do not. So, what does this mean? It means that by adding in a Quectel EG25-G Mini PCIe Module you will be able to enable 4G for your Outdoor Hotspot – meaning no Ethernet or WiFi needed to run your hotspot!
The cases that the hotspots come in are also different. Indoor hotspots come in a plastic (ABS) case while outdoor units have an aluminum case. The Ingress Protection is also different. Indoor units have an IP40 while outdoor units have IP67.
Outdoor comes with a 3dbi fiberglass antenna while the indoor comes with 3dbi plastic antenna.
How Does My Hotspot Know My Location?
Great question, when you set up your hotspot you will have to assert the location where your miner is being installed. The frequency plan within your LoRa concentrator is also predetermined; this means that you cannot use a hotspot that has a different frequency than allowed for your geographical area (You can not use a US915 version in Europe for example, you would need the EU868 version)
Can I Move Locations of My Hotspot Within My Frequency Range?
Yes, you can change locations of your hotspot anytime. This means you can move the hotspot from say your house to a friend’s house if the coverage in your area becomes too crowded. Please note: there is a $10 USD fee (1,000,000 DC on the Helium network) to change the location of your hotspot, which is a charge you will incur if you decide to move locations after your initial location assertion. This charge is deducted directly from your Helium App and mobile wallet.