Sr. IoT Solutions Engineer
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Sr. IoT Solutions Engineer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be asked to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Sr. IoT Solutions Engineer’s role is to strategically design and deploy the most advanced embedded technical solutions that enable new business solutions. The Sr. IoT Solutions Engineer is a confident leader that understands business challenges, translates them into detailed technical requirements, defines an approach, and leads the project team to successfully implement the solution.
The candidate for this role must have huge experience in embedded hardware design, firmware development and cloud integration on many diverse and successful high volume IOT deployments. The candidate also provides technical leadership and guidance to customers as a subject matter expert and provides internal leadership to project and cross-functional teams. Additionally, the candidate will also write up the Statement of Work covering the scope of the project up to each milestone from feasibility study through to proof of concept, and then onto mass production and testing. The Sr. IoT Solutions Engineer works out the internal resources required to deliver the project on time and within budget as well as works with the customer every step of the way from design to deployment, and internally with the business and technology teams to ensure success.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Categorize responsibilities and duties listing the most important first. Create a logical order with the more critical elements first.
- Drive product lifecycle from end to end, including road mapping and developing plans for features, purposes, and use cases for new products.
- Design IoT solutions, for customer-based projects and internal projects, including the necessary technical and process documentation using proper methodology, adjusting on the overall company scale as needed to optimize for future product development.
- Manage roadmap for software and hardware features within the product set, especially as they supplement pre-existing products within the company’s suite.
- Collaborate with Business Development, engineering, marketing, and R&D teams to support prototype design testing and troubleshooting, and product improvement.
- Brainstorm with other functional groups on competitor products, the technology landscape, regional trends, compliance laws, and other relevant market data. Suggest applications and innovation for internal use. Collate this information and present it to Senior Management.
- Working closely with internal teams to provide feedback from customer engagements and stay up to date on Helium/LoRaWAN Ecosystem developments.
- Working with all sales teams to fully define the requirements and then help drive revenue opportunities involving integration needs
- Working closely with Marketing teams to develop enablement resources (internal and customer facing) around product offerings.
- Identify opportunities and new products through customer interactions and requirements development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Familiarity with Hardware, Software and Firmware for IoT devices to include making pro/con decisions on cost tradeoffs versus use cases.
- SQL Queries
- Docker containers
- Software code management tools
- Background in wireless, connectivity, and/or cellular is essential
- Understanding of the Helium or LoRaWAN network
- Strong technical presentation, documentation, and communication skills
- Hunger to work in a fast-paced, performance-based environment where growth is set at own pace, and sky's the limit for process optimization, product development, and leadership.
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodologies
Education and Experience Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or other engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of technical IoT and related smart device system development experience.
- Background content delivery required.
- Technical understanding of wireless and IoT devices, especially for smart device applications.
- Strong experience with all facets of IoT network deployment, including:
- Serverless application architectures
- Experience working with global teams is a plus.
- Fluency, both written and spoken, in English is required
- Business competency in at least one additional language is highly desired