Note: All purchases made with Crypto are final
***Orders placed before 23.59 UTC (3:59 PM PST) Sunday 28th February 2021 will be in the batch 2 shipped in April (indoor) and May (outdoor). Orders after this time will be in the Batch 3 shipping in May (indoor) and June (outdoor). We will ship all hotspots as soon as we possibly can but these dates are indicative and designed to avoid disappointment and manage expectations. We will have more updates as we get closer to the time.***
US/CAN (US915): Shipping to US/Canada
All Other Frequencies: Nebra.com
Introducing the Nebra HNT Indoor Hotspot Miner
Newly Approved to Earn HNT cryptocurrency by mining Helium and building coverage for The People’s Network using the Nebra HNT Indoor Hotspot Miner. Anyone can join The People's Network and provide hundreds of square miles of wireless network coverage, while mining HNT on the Helium Blockchain just as hotspot miners do.
- Efficient miner for a new cryptocurrency, Helium (HNT)
- Complete set-up in minutes using a smartphone
- LongFi™ technology maximizes range and battery life
- Low Power – uses as much power as a broadband router (15W)
- Easily manage Hotspots and tokens from the mobile app
How Much Does this Earn?
Take a look at this coverage map to see what others in your region are earning.
This kit comes with:
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3+ 32GB EMMC Flash Storage.
- LoRa Concentrator Module.
- RP-SMA (Female) connector
- 2dBi Plastic Antenna.
- 12V Power Supply (Worldwide).
- Nebra ECC Key for securely storing your swarm key.
- Hotspot $40 on boarding (Helium Network Fees)
- First $10 location assert (Helium Network Fees)
- **Any change of location after are covered by the user at a cost of $10 USD / 1,000,000 DC on the Helium network. These are unrelated to Nebra. (Helium Network Fees)
- *Please note: the current case picture is a placeholder image. We will update the images as soon as we have pictures of the new casing.
The Nebra hotspot miners come with two options for managing your hotspot remotely.
This includes built in auto-update functionality (via an auto updater-script) for the life of the device at no extra charge.
Free for the first 6 months with purchase of miner, the advanced plan includes a management dashboard allowing you to remotely manage your fleet of miners, check device stats, hotspot performance and more. Not yet available, but will be given to all purchases made before launch of service.
- The HNT Hotspot Miner is powered by the Raspberry Pi Compute Module
- LoRa Module Support
- RF interface over 50 U.FL connector for RX and TX.
- WAN Connectivity (Ethernet Port or WiFi)
- Provides 100mbps Ethernet to the Compute Module
- Efficient Power Consumption (15W)
- Power via 12V 1.5
- This roughly equates to 0.25-0.3kWh per day or 100kWh per year
- Operating Temperature -20C to 70C
- Antenna connector: RP-SMA Female Connector
Indoor vs Outdoor Miner
The biggest difference is the outdoor unit comes in a case which is suitable to be used outside in mixed environments and has a few extra features. To help you decide we've created this handy guide.
Helium LongFi™ is a technology architecture that combines a leading wireless technology, LoRaWAN, and the Helium Blockchain. LongFi™ is optimized for miles of range, and long battery life for IoT devices.
Proof of Coverage
The Nebra HNT Indoor Hotspot Miner earns HNT Helium tokens when devices connect, and for validating wireless coverage delivered by peers. Using a system called Proof-of-Coverage, Hotspot Miners earn more HNT when they're in range of other miners, but need to be at least 300 metres apart.
The range depends on the environment:
- Rural areas: ~10 miles or more.
- Dense areas: ~ 1 mile.
Single HNT Hotspot Miners earn less as they can only issue Challenges over the internet, and can’t participate in Proof-of-Coverage.
- Follow this link to discover the getting started guides & FAQs
Why earn HNT & use Helium?
Millions of compatible devices can use The People's Network and each device requires Data Credits (DC) in order to send data to the Internet. Fixed in value, DC are created by 'burning' HNT, reducing the total supply to achieve a Burn and Mint Equilibrium. The more devices using DC, the more HNT will be burned.
Helium’s wireless network based on LoRaWAN is best suited for low-power scenarios like sending data to and from sensors using low-cost radio waves, eliminating reliance on more costly networks like cellular and WiFi. It’s fully peer to peer and leverages a robust network of hotspots connected to the network. With just 100 to 200 hotspots, the network can usually cover most cities. In return for hosting hotspots, hosts can earn $HNT for providing access to the LongFi network.
How are Tokens Earned?
Hotspots earn HNT for building and securing network infrastructure and transferring device data. The amount of HNT distributed to Hotspots depends on the type of “work” they perform based on the value to the network. This validation of network contribution is accomplished by a new work algorithm called Proof-of-Coverage (PoC).
To participate in PoC there must be multiple Hotspots at least 300 meters apart in an area, but still within range of each other (up to many miles depending on environment). Single Hotspots earn less as they can only issue Challenges over the internet, and can’t participate in Proof-of-Coverage. After the first year, distribution amounts adjust.
We're happy to announce that for every Helium hotspot miner sold we're committing to giving $1 per device as a donation to DeWi.