Note: All purchases made with Crypto are final
*Please note this is a Pre-Order item and shipping estimates are estimates, and are subject to change. Parley Labs is a distributor, not the manufacturer. If you ordered directly from Nebra your Order # and Batch # will be different than if you ordered from Parley Labs. By making this purchase you agree to these terms.
Are you looking to participate in The People’s Network by providing proof of coverage (PoC), packet forwarding (data transfer), witnessing, beaconing and issuing challenges to earn on the Helium Network. Look no further; this indoor Nebra hotspot is the perfect fit for you! This plug and play gateway will have you up & participating in The People’s Network in no time. Any LoRaWAN device can transfer data on the Helium Network. This is done by using LongFi:, LoRaWAN wireless protocol, and the Helium blockchain. You can also enjoy peace of mind knowing that you are being energy efficient using only 10-15W of energy per month. This hotspot needs to be plugged in, and utilizes your home or office internet to get started.
Indoor Nebra Highlights:
- Plug & Play - Enjoy an easy plug & play set up using the Nebra Dashboard
- Quick Set Up - Complete set up within minutes using any smartphone device
- Ecological – Indoor hotspots require a low power supply, less than a broadband router (10W)
- Easy Management – Keep up to date with your usage, earnings and activity from the mobile app or online dashboard
This Indoor HNT Hotspot comes in three different frequency variants:
- 915 MHz (US915, CA915, AU915, KR920, AS923-1/2/3) - this is suitable for the USA, Australia, New Zealand etc.
- 470 MHz (CN470) - this is suitable for China.
- 868 MHz (EU868, IN865, RU864) - this is suitable for EU, India, Russia etc
This listing is for US915/CA915. If you are unsure which frequency you need to order you can take a look at the "What Helium Region" tool created by engineer Ryan W.
This Kit Comes With:
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3+ 32GB EMMC Flash Storage.
- Helium based firmware flashed onto system (no need to buy a separate SD card)
- LoRa Concentrator Module.
- RP-SMA (Female) connector
- 3dBi Plastic Antenna 21cm
- 12V Power Supply (Worldwide).
- Nebra ECC Key for securely storing your swarm key.
- Hotspot $40 on boarding (Helium Network Fees)
- First $10 location assert (Helium Network Fees)
Indoor or Outdoor Nebra Hotspot, What is the difference?
Great question, the answer to this is both simple and complex… to answer this question simply: one hotspot is set up indoors while the other is set up outside. But can’t I just put my indoor Nebra in an outdoor enclosure and turn it into an outdoor unit? Yes, and for those that like to DIY, that’s perfectly fine, but overall size will be much larger and some customization may be required to retrofit your indoor hotspot.
Outdoor Nebra Hotspots also have an optional slot for a 4G cellular modem, which indoor units do not. So, what does this mean? It means that by adding in a Quectel EG25-G Mini PCIe Module you will be able to enable 4G for your Outdoor Hotspot – meaning no Ethernet or WiFi needed to run your hotspot!
The cases that the hotspots come in are also different. Indoor hotspots come in a plastic (ABS) case while outdoor units have an aluminum case. The Ingress Protection is also different. Indoor units have an IP40 while outdoor units have IP67.
Outdoor comes with a 3dbi fiberglass antenna while the indoor comes with 3dbi plastic antenna.
How Does My Hotspot Know My Location?
Great question, when you set up your hotspot you will have to assert the location where your miner is being installed. The frequency plan within your LoRa concentrator is also predetermined; this means that you cannot use a hotspot that has a different frequency than allowed for your geographical area (You can not use a US915 version in Europe for example, you would need the EU868 version)
Can I Move Locations of My Hotspot Within My Frequency Range?
Yes, you can change locations of your hotspot anytime. This means you can move the hotspot from say your house to a friend’s house if the coverage in your area becomes too crowded. Please note: there is a $10 USD fee (1,000,000 DC on the Helium network) to change the location of your hotspot, which is a charge you will incur if you decide to move locations after your initial location assertion. This charge is deducted directly from your Helium App and mobile wallet.